Followers

Saturday

In the middle of the night...

It's 3am, and I'm currently a refugee in K.Ashiah's house.. It started with few loud explosions at around 12.30am.. I peeked out of the window.. Then the lights started to blink on and off (It was not a visual hallucination). I jumped into a long sleeve caftan and put on my tudung. The heart started to beat fast. Then I heard voices (it was not an auditory hallucination). I peeked out again. People were gathering outside. I opened the door and smelled something burning (it was not an olfacory hallucination). This time around I couldn't stay calm. I took a bag, threw all my medical notes (luckily they're scanty) into it, took my money which i hid in some part of the house, grabbed my handbag and the car keys, my laptop & Wani's and put them beside the door. Suddenly few seconds later, somebody yelled "Ayah, api!" Ok, that was it. I practically threw the things into the car. Go in again, took Faheem's pampers & milk, grabbed Faheem, ran into the car, started the engine and drove off for safety. Hahaha it was damn funny. Neighbours (typical malay) were gathering near a big electric cable near my house, which gave away electric sparks, dripping onto the ground like water dripping from a tap.. What?? I almost yelled, RUN FOR YOUR SAFETY! and yet they were watching me as if "What is this lady trying to do, bringing her son out in the middle of the night?" I called abang, trying to explain (and I knew he kinda perceived it as a delusion, and tried to make sense of my fairytale story haha). I didn't knew where to go, Faheem has started crying for his milk.. and finally a good samaritan (Kak Ashiah) answered my call for help :p And here I am.. People started moving out their cars later, and TNB arrived in a short while.. But 1 thing I know, if an emergnecy happens, the things that I will take with me: 1. Faheem 2. My medical notes & laptop 3. Faheem's pampers & milk (the things which I can't do without) 4. My handbag (which contain important docs) & money Huuuuu

2 comments:

Wada Adam said...

Maryam, nasib baik takde pape terjadi...suspen baca...
p/s- teringat fire drill kat mahallah ms 4th year...siap ada bomba wat api olok2 lg.hehe..

ad. Lucidus said...

...is it bad that I wanted to LOL at this so much? But the fear before the anti-climax is no laughing matter...haish.

Seriously tho. Luckily xde apa-apa...