Today I plan to write on Faheem's education plans (haha macamlah banyak sangat), a topic which i keep postponing for so long. Well we were not well for quite sometime, I had fever for 2 weeks, siap muntah2 and prompted abang to ask me to undergo the pregnancy test huu. Alhamdulillah, sekarang dah sembuh :)
Eventhough Faheem is only 8 months old, I have started teaching him simple things, basically I want to teach him how to read. My main reason? Faheem is too active, trust me he is TOO active such that at times I just feel like collapsing. Oh yes there are times when I cry to abang and tell him that sometimes I need time for myself. I admit sometimes I just miss going window shopping alone, I miss enjoying leisure time reading storybooks, I want to jump into my car and drive around alone, I want to bake and sew without being disturbed... Being a fulltime housewife is actually a career which is busier than an office job. You don't get a break at 10 and at 1, you don't start at 8 and end at 5 etc, you don't get free weekends to unwind, but it is a responsibility that goes round the clock. And for that I respect a housewife with many kids huu! Don't get me wrong. Faheem is not a burden but I am adapting to the life of a mother. A good one. Kalau setakat bagi tidur, bagi makan, anybody can do that. But, with increasing age, comes increasing needs, which means, increasing responsibility for us!
Alhamdulillah abang has always been there for us (faheem and me) :). Allah presents me with a husband who doesn't mind changing faheem's nappy, preparing his milk, waking up in the middle of the night to take care of faheem and give me chance to sleep, adush tak tersenaraikan rasanya bantuan abang huuu. Berdosakah macam buli suami pulak??? Huuu, thank you abang... really I can't imagine how can I cope wthout him....
Back to Faheem's hyperactivity, I am kind of hoping that once he can read, I would be able to quieten him a bit by giving him storybooks which he can let himself engrossed with, reading :p Another thing, I have always dreamt of owning a house (one day in the far future hehe) with a big library. I have always loved books! so I started buying Faheem's books since he was still in the womb! Huu, adakah ibu yang sebegini excited? I remember once I was dealing with a sister who lives in UK, to buy few sets of used storybooks in UK. she asked, "Anak dah umur berapa?" I answered, "Anak saya 5 bulan dalam perut lagi" Hahaha. tergelak kakak tu dengar.
1. The first set that I bought. Winnie the pooh. but I don't really like the language because they like to use american shortforms.. These are used books which look like new!
2. second set. Grolier books, also used but look like new. Bought in UK. Bought this when i was 5 months pregnant with faheem huu.
3. Quran stories for kids (pic on top) & little hearts. Beli kat maribaca.blogspot.com. Thank you kak chik yang bagi banyak discount! :)
4. Flashcards peter and jane, baby khalifah. Yg baby khalifah tu beli satu set, mommy teruja sebab dalam bag (1 set dalam bag) ada book of adab, book of solat etc. ada CD sekali. Yg keywords tu bonda dan pipi yg hadiahkan, a souvenir from UK when they went there earlier this year.
Finally these are faheem's board books. 3 books in a set. Ooops the blue moon book was a present from bonda as well :)
The issue is can faheem read all these? Haha of course not. He eats them all! But I take great care not to let him ruin the books because abang spent a big amount of money to buy those (mahal bagi kami yang tak bergaji lagi ni :)).
so what I do now, I made my own sets of flashcards (I'll put up the pics laters), english and arabic alphabets . Everyday I will keep repeating flashing the cards to him. Most of the times he will laugh and laugh as if the whole business is dead funny huu. I also play educational videos which I downloaded from youtube which include abc, numbers and alif ba ta song, simple surah from the quran, animals etc. Sometimes I allow him to watch cartoons such as chuggington and roary the racing car. His favourite is 10 little numbers :p which induces him to start dancing. Truth is I don't know whether he learns anything from these activities, but important thing is i have tried. People say kids do learn in their own way, so let it be..
Teaching a kid is not simple. It requires an infinite patience.. No doubt I have to extend my thanks to abang. Really this thing requires cooperation from both mummy and daddy. Abang yang sabar memenuhi keperluan2. I said I needed colour papers, abang belikan. I needed manila cards, abang juga yang g belikan. Alhamdulillah ala kulli hal :)
1. urusan daftar kerja dah selesai, tunggu nak g interview spa je insyaAllah
2. asma nak kawen dah ahad ni.... busy la dgn kenduri. Yg sebenarnya I am busy preparing my own dress sebab kan abang and me nak kawen lagi hujung minggu ni hehe.
3. i want to write on our experience introducing faheem to waterfalls :D